This morning I woke up and I was telling the husband that we’ve still got 2 weeks to Happee Day and he was all “It’s next Sunday, babe…” which got me into a mild panic attack because with the food poisoning debacle, I’m up to my eyeballs in overdue work and now I realize I’ve got 11 days till Happee Day.
But my coffee fix and deep breathing exercises have restored some perspective so there’s really no need to panic. Besides, I’ve got some kickass updates coming up. Give it up for…
1. Chili Api, who will be sponsoring a mouth-watering spread of Peranakan cuisine for the event. We were really hoping to get them on board because you know how you go for an event and the food is at best mediocre so you do the polite thing and pick at yet another awful springroll and then stuff the rest into your purse when no one is looking? That’s not going to happen here.
Because there will be this.
And other incredible stuff that will make you want to skip dinner the night before just so that you can have more. And when you’re done, you’ll want some more and you’ll get them for all your parties and events so you’ll always be able to have more of that Peranakan goodness.
2. Jimmy the Juggler, who will be performing a juggling gig for the closing finale. With fire. Seriously, I’m not making this up. I have never seen anyone juggle fire torches in real life so that knocks an item off my bucket list. He gives new meaning to the term playing with fire and I am so going to get him to autograph my shirt. But don’t get your hopes up ladies, he ain’t gonna be lighting your fire anytime soon because this smoking hot guy is happily married with a 6-month-old boy.
3. Ice3 (Ice-CUBE) Cafe, who will be providing homemade super premium ice-cream for everyone. There are few things in life that are better than having a nice cup of ice-cream on a hot day outdoors. Except maybe 2 cups of ice-cream.
4, Evelyn, who is sponsoring an instant photo printing booth so every kid can get their picture printed as a souvenir.
5. LPN Art School, who will be keeping the kids’ creative juices flowing with a Halloween-themed art activity.
6. Chai Lee, who will be having a cake-decorating booth so the kids will be able to have their cake and eat it. Literally. Right after they decorate it.
7. Charmaine, who’s baking some deliciously sinful brownies and cupcakes for the kids.
I’ve done a first round of RSVP for all the volunteers and if you would like to help out but haven’t registered, let me know soon ok! 11 days, we’re almost there.