I promised updates on Happee Day so let’s get right to it. We’ve got more sponsors who agreed to help out with the event and they are really awesome. Most of the booths are shaping up and I’m very excited. I think the kids are going to have a blast on 31 Oct. Can’t wait.
On top of the list of sponsors who have already pledged their support, I’m thrilled to say that we’re also working with the following people. Show them some love, aight?
1. Queenie from Artybody, our face and body painter for the day. Actually, to call her a face painter is a misnomer because she’s not your usual grab some face paint and draw some squiggly lines kind of face painter. She creates masterpieces on faces and other body parts that you won’t want to wash off for days. I mean, there’s even going to be glitter so you can look like a fairy princess or sparkle like Edward Cullen in sunlight (if you’re into that sort of thing).
2. Brenda from Baker’s Club, who is sponsoring cookie art. It’s like art, except on cookies. Kids can decorate it with all sorts of colorful edible stuff and then eat it, which is twice the fun.
3. Expressprint, who are helping to print the invitation cards, stickers, banners and posters.
5. Sharon (aka. Corsage), and her friends, are putting together an activity kit for the kids so they have some fun art and craft stuff to do back home. Stuff like Roald Dahl books, tshirts, fabric paint, scrapbooking items and a whole lot more.
6. Jason and Verlyna, who are sponsoring a Happee Bag, sort of like a welcome kit for the kids.
Hopefully, we’ll be able to confirm the rest of the sponsors by this week and we’ll work out the program and assign all the volunteers with time to spare.
Speaking of which, the response for volunteers has been off the charts and I’d like to say thanks again for taking the time to make a difference in these kids’ lives. At the same time, I’m putting out a final call for an RSVP because we will be catering for the food, assigning each volunteer to a specific task and printing the stickers. Yes, all the volunteers (and your kids) will be issued official Happee Day stickers. So we do need to know if you are coming down.
For those who have confirmed your availability, I’ll be contacting you with tasking details soon. For those who are still arranging to be there, do let me know by this week if you can. Registrations will close once we have enough volunteers.