Finn turns 7 months tomorrow and I just realized that since he was born, I haven’t once checked Babycenter to keep track of his developmental milestones. I used to do it all the time when Truett and Kirsten were babies – get all excited at each new milestone and document all their firsts.
I guess all those things they say about parents with 3 kids are all true. By the time the third kid comes along, whether they crawl or stand at the right age isn’t as big of a deal.
But better late than never right? So here’s baby Finn’s 7th-month developmental update:
- He’s always got a smile for everyone. He’s been like that since he was a month old. If anyone stops to pay him any attention, he’ll break into the widest smile to make them feel real special. I’ve lost count of how many girls he’s made shriek “SO CUTE, HE’S SMILING AT ME!!” with that charming grin of his.
- He’s unbelievably playful. Some might call it unstoppable. He needs constant interaction and even when he’s sitting down with a toy in hand, he’ll be kicking his legs in a frenzy.
- He’s a proficient flipper. He doesn’t know how to crawl yet so the only way he moves from one point to another is to flip over and over like a stick of satay on the grill.
- He sits up relatively well. Occasionally, he falls over on his face (on the bed, relax) which makes the 2 bigger kids laugh their heads off.
- He adores Truett and Kirsten. They’re like his favorite people in the whole world.
- He’s trying to talk by making “bleh bleh blehhh” sounds with his tongue. It’s mostly gibberish but his sing-song intonation is super cute.
- His sleep patterns are like that of an infant. At 7 months, he still wakes up 3-4 times a night for boob chewing sessions. I don’t know how I’ve put up with this for so long.
- He’s still on breastmilk exclusively, with a bowl of baby rice puree in the morning. These days, he eats carrots, peas, pumpkins and avocados. Baby steps.
- He has no teeth. Not even one. Nothing in there but gums.
- He’s very grabby. He’s got the reflexes of a ninja and grabs everything in sight. When I try to remove anything from his iron grip, he’ll make his fake crying face in slow motion before bursting into tears. It’s actually cuter than it sounds.
- He loves music and his all-time favorite song is Head & Shoulders, Knees and Toes.
- He giggles easily and often. Which immediately turns my heart into mush.